Moving to Nova Scotia?
Are you thinking of moving to Nova Scotia? If you’re like us, you’re drawn by the natural beauty, the scrumptious seafood, friendly Nova Scotians, and all the things to do here.
Getting here can be a bit overwhelming though. If you’re coming from out-of-country, there’s lots to consider:
- Do you sell all your possessions and buy new things when you get here, or bring everything with you?
- Do you import your cars, or sell them there and buy a Canadian vehicle when you arrive? If you’re importing what all do you need to consider? (Yes, you need to EXPORT your car as well as importing it!)
- What do you need to prepare for the agents when crossing the border?
- Can you find work here? Can you bring your job with you? Who can you call for help?
- Do you need to hire an immigration lawyer if are not already a Canadian citizen?
If it sounds daunting, don’t let it put you off the idea. Yes, there’s lots to do, but it can be done. We did it, and if we can do it so can you. Let me share our story with you and what we learned about coming home.